Wednesday, August 4, 2010

End of Days Award

Well, Hart the Naked Tart has passed along this End of Days award. Thanks, Hart!

The rules are this:
Imagine the world was ending when the Mayan's predict, December 21, 2012... What would you do between now and then?

Wow! I don't like the idea of my mortality creeping into things. I always assume (to paraphrase Catch-22) that I will live forever...or die in the attempt.

I'm fortunate enough to have enough money to keep me going fine until then, so I would certainly quit my job. I'd sell off my house to raise extra cash. Books, schmooks. I love writing, but only when there are readers to read it! Since there won't be any readers anymore, I won't be doing any more writing. I suppose I might split time between hanging out on some gorgeous beaches with my family and travelling to some great places we haven't yet seen. I'd reread some of my favorite books and rewatch my favorite movies. I'd play a lot of sports and games and music with my kids.

Hmm, who to pass this along to? I want to see what Anne aka Piedmont Writer says to this. Matt, of course, and Victoria aka aspiring_x.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty calm, good way to spend your last days. Especially the reading part!

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like the perfect answer, mr. ted.
    thanks for posing such a thought-provoking question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting that the writing is about the sharing for you. I love the sharing part, but feel compelled anyway. It is how I process, in a way... though I suppose I keep processing farther and farther from reality.

    Sounds like a good plan, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Hart passed it on to someone worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- I can't imagine not writing even if the world was coming to an end. I'm glad to know there's still somebody sane on this planet!

    At the beach- much better idea.

    bru

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, while I do enjoy writing, it is also a bit of a chore for me, so the idea that there will be no readers means that to me it feels pointless to continue that when there are so many other things I love to do!

    ReplyDelete